So this is April's podcast, a few days early but there you go. This time I'm playing a set of songs from the Maximum Rocknroll compilation CD Public Safety (see www.maximumrocknroll.com), which I picked up a while ago. I thought it'd be fun to play some of my favourite songs from that as well as the usual mix of punk, garage, hardcore and folk. It's Sunday evening and I'm not feeling very wordy right now but I'm pretty stoked on how this episode came out. Let me know what you think. Woo. - Phil Chokeword
Track Listing 1. Circus Act - This Life Is Moving Too Fast (From the "This Is Your Destination" CD on the defunct Milliepeed Records - order copies through the Circus Act Myspace)
2. Career Suicide - Do Some Harm (From the complication CD "Public Safety" on Maximum Rocknroll Records)
3. Pedestrians - Downfall (From the complication CD "Public Safety" on Maximum Rocknroll Records)
4. Sunday Morning Einsteins - Ek Led Med Livet (From the complication CD "Public Safety" on Maximum Rocknroll Records)
5. Smalltown - Come Around (From the complication CD "Public Safety" on Maximum Rocknroll Records)
6. The Modern Machines - Zero Kid (From the "Taco Blessing" CD on Recess Records)
7. The Ergs! - Jazz Is Like The New Coke (From the "Hindsight Is 20/20, My Friend" CD on Dirtnap Records)
8. The Gories - Drowning (From the "Outta Here" CD on Crypt Records)
9. The High Tension Wires - Hibernate (From the "Midnight Cashier" CD on Dirtnap Records)
10. Mark Gunnery - Diving Into The Wreak (From the "Government Is War" CD on Riot Folk)
Blah Blah Blah:
1. I still don’t know what I’m doing. Sorry. I even bought a book on podcasting. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format. I hope that makes sense!
2. I either asked the bands (Circus Act, Mark Gunnery) or the record label who put out the record I was playing (Recess, Maximum Rocknroll, Dirtnap, Crypt) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that its really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to Libsyn as part of updating the blog.
CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" to download the show as an MP3.