1. Fucked Up – Litany (From the “Epics In Minutes” CD on Deranged Records)
2. School Jerks – Guest List (From the “Toronto’s Burning” LP on Schizophrenic Records)
3. Cloak/Dagger – Don’t Need A... (From the “Don’t Need A...” 7” on Grave Mistake Records)
4. Tubers – The Expense Of Flight (From the “Anachronous” CD on No Idea Records)
5. On Point – Time Cant Come Back (From the “Look Me In The Eyes” demo - contact them via their myspace)
6. Sauna Youth – E2 Bang Bang (From their self released demo tape – contact them via their myspace)
7. Dear Landlord – Oakland (From the “Dream Homes” CD on No Idea Records)
8. Dangerloves – You & Me (From the “Toronto’s Burning” LP on Schizophrenic Records)
9. Sexy – Smoking Popes (From the “Por Vida” CD on Plan It X Records)
Defier, Live @ Planet Sounds
10. Defier – Crossing Wires
11. Defier – Outlive (Guns Up Cover)
12. Defier – Small Town Strain
13. Defier - Resolution
Defier are – Spence (Drums),Andy, (Guitar), Steve (Bass), Tommy (Vocals. They have a self released demo available and you can contact them via their myspace page.This set was recorded by Rich Smith. Rich has a mobile studio (he doesn’t work for Planet Sounds), doesn’t charge much, does a great job and is an all-round good guy. You should totally drop him an email at email@example.com if you’re on the south coast and want to record.
14. Eddy Current Suppression Ring – It’s All Square (From the “S/T” CD on Goner Records)
1. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. I asked the bands (On Point, Sauna Youth, Defier), the labels (Grave Mistake, Deranged, No Idea, Schizophrenic) or Cam at Southern Lovin’ (Eddy Current) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that it’s really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment. And if you think you might want to have a go at making your own podcast, here’s a step by step guide to How I Made This Show.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to bliptv. I'm a little confused by RSS feeds and all that bumph, but I think that they sort all this for me. This means that it should be pretty easy to subscribe to the podcast. As I understand it, you need to cut and paste this url into your podcast catcher - http://tensongspodcast.blip.tv/rss - or if you use itunes, hopefully you'll be able to do the same thing if you CLICK HERE.
Uploading to blip.tv also means that you can use the player below to stream the podcast and listen to it without downloading it. Plus if you RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" you should have the option of downloading the podcast and listening to it on the sly at work or something. Get in. (If you left click, it streams the audio too, but it jumps to another page and takes forever.)