Wow. It’s pretty much a year since my last podcast. This show could be titled “songs on Phil’s MP3 player, August 2013”. Basically, the criteria for picking tunes to play were: i. That they were rad. ii. That they were on my MP3 player. Er. That’s about the size of it. Think of it as a summer mix tape. I’ve covered more miles than the Littlest Hobo this summer and these are some of the songs that I’ve had playing in my headphones when I’ve passed out on trains, snored loudly on boats and bounced my head repeatedly off the bus window. Sleep (when I'm supposed to)? What’s that?
- Phil Chokeword
1. Knucklehead – End in Sight (From the LP “Hearts on Fire” on Contra Records and Longshot Music)
2. The Novice – What You Want (From the S/T seven inch on Dirtnap Records)
3. Be My Doppleganger – Untitled (From the Sonic Annihilation seven inch on It’s Alive Records)
4. Low Culture – Screens (From the “Screens” LP on Dirtnap Records)
5. Mean Jeans – Possessed To Party (from the split seven inch with Underground Railroad to Candyland on Recess Records/It’s Alive Records)
6. Infinite Void – Still Waiting (From the S/T LP on Poison City Records)
7. Torches to Rome – Torches to Rome (From the S/T LP on Ebullition Records)
8. Big Eyes – Being Unkind (From the “Almost Famous” CD on Grave Mistake Records)
9. The Down and Outs – Wrap Time (from the “Forgotten Streets” CD on Boss Tuneage – Down and Outs bandcamp)
10. Crusades – Parable I (From the “Parables” seven inch on It’s Alive Records)
11. The Harrington Saints – Crime Pays (From the “Pride and Tradition” CD on Longshot Music, Contra Records and Pirates Press)
12. The Marked Men – Ghosts (From the “Ghosts” CD on Dirtnap Records)
13. RVIVR – Spider Song (From the “Beauty Between” CD on Rumbletowne Records)
14. Knucklehead – Cold Civil War (From the seven inch on Pirates Press)
1. This podcast was put together on a notepad PC using Audacity, some MP3’s and a shitty headset internet microphone. Professional I am not. In particular, there's more pops than usual on the microphone for some reason and that means I've had to splice things together more than I'd like. I think the jarring cuts add character, right? Ahem. In addition to all this, the MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
And if you can't understand me, all the info is on the blog here anyhow.
2. Where possible we got permission from either the bands or labels before putting this show together. It’s polite innit. Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to let us play a track from a record they released or by a band they played in (Knucklehead, Dirtnap Records, It’s Alive Records, Infinite Void, Ebullition Records, Grave Mistake Records, The Down and Outs, Boss Tuneage, The Harrington Saints, Rumbletowne Records, Pirates Press). It’s well appreciated.
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment.
How To Listen To The Show:
CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" to download the show as an MP3.